24 March 2022: Many thanks to those who were able to attend the meeting of the Parent Council on Tuesday 22 March.
The main issues discussed were:
- Report on Parent Council activities by Sarah Scott, chair JGHS PC
- Report of Active Schools clubs at JGHS by Eliot Ambrose
- Presentation on the Maths curriculum by Ashling Dolan, Acting Curriculum Lead
- Headteacher’s report by Donald McDonald
Active Schools presentation
Maths Curriculum presentation
The recording of the meeting is now available to watch again on YouTube
JGHS Parent Council meeting 22 March 2022
8 February 2022: A summary of the Q&A at the last meeting of the Parent Council on 26 January 2022 is now available:
Q&A at the Parent Council meeting 26 January 2022
You can also catch up on the full proceedings of the meeting via YouTube:
Recording of Parent Council meeting 26 January 2022
21 January 2022: We are delighted that the first meeting of the Parent Council for 2022 will be held this Wednesday 26 January at 7 pm.
Once again we will be using MS teams to host the meeting and details of the joining link will be circulated by the School next week, so please look out in your email.
There will be updates on:
- The current Covid situation in the school
- Prelims at JGHS
- The Council’s new group to meet with parents of children with ASN in mainstream schools
- Progress in discussions on Active Schools provision
- The consultation on a new GME secondary
- Concerns raised with the Council by Parent Councils on parental engagement in schools
If there any particular issues you would like to raise at the meeting, please contact the PC:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about meeting on 30 November 2021
The recording of our last meeting and summary of the Q&A are now available:
Listen to the meeting on 30 November 2021 on YouTube
Q&A from meeting on 30 November 2021
Events and Fundraising group
There will also be a Parent Council-led meeting (online) on Thursday 10 February for parents interested in joining an Events and Fundraising Group, with the hope that we can look forward to more in-person events in the coming year.
If you would like to be involved, contact the PC on email@example.com.