11 September 2022: Connect, the body supporting Parent/School interactions, has just published its September newsletter. This edition includes a wide variety of issues including:
- Connect’s Parent/Carer Survey on School Uniforms
- Booking details for the lively autumn schedule of Connect’s online Information Sessions for Members
- Connect’s consultation submission on the next Mental Health Strategy
- A head’s-up about Connect’s AGM plus information on becoming a volunteer Director
- Scottish Qualifications – the Hayward Review
- The latest education updates
Read Connect’s September 2022 newsletter here
More about Connect on their website
24 June 2022: The Summer edition of the Backchat newsletter from Connect (formerly the Scottish Parent Teacher Council) is now available.
Read the newsletter here
This edition includes an introduction to Connect’s new Executive Director, Patrick McGlinchey, who takes up his role on 1 August 2022.
You can also read a summary of Connect’s Health and Wellbeing in Schools survey report. Booking links for the live online Information Sessions for August and September are available too.
20 January 2022: Connect is a long-standing parents’ group, providing links for parents and families with teachers, third sector organisations, and local and national government in Scotland.
You can read their latest newsletter here (January 2022
The newsletter has information on a range of topics including:
- Connect Survey Report
- Early Learning and Childcare
- Education Reform
- Introducing the Equality and Equity Toolkit
- Connect Campaigns: Letter to the First Minister on the Health and Wellbeing Census
- Latest Education Updates
You can subscribe to the Connect newsletter here
Posted 8 October 2020
National Parent Forum
The National Parent Forum held its AGM on Saturday19 September 2020 and hosted a Q&A meeting with Depute First Minister John Swinney.
A report of the meeting is available on the Forum website
Read the latest newsletter from the National Parent Forum
Sessions for parents and parent groups from Connect
The October 2020 programme of free sessions for parents and parent groups from Connect (formerly the Scottish Parent Teacher Council) is now available.
Connect October programme
The calendar has full details of sessions and booking links. Places are free but booking is essential.
- Constitutions for Parent Councils/PTAs
- Parent Councils – What’s Our Role Now
- Social and Fundraising Events
- Online Meetings and AGMs
- Sharing Ideas and Plans
Connect has also conducted a survey asking about children’s experiences back at school. What’s changed? Are communications going well? Have blended learning plans been shared?
Read more news from Connect on their website.