Thank you to all the volunteers and the bakers for your help on Sat 22nd April at the Open Afternoon held by the James Gillespie’s Trust. Your help was much appreciated and all the money raised will go into school funds.
Please see attached letter.docx from the Director of Qualifcations Development at the SQA outlining the impact of the removal of units and unit assessments. For each National 5 course, the changes have resulted in one or more of the following:
- extension of the existing question paper
- extension/modification of the existing item of coursework
- a new question paper
- a new item of coursework
Thank you everyone for collecting Sainsbury’s Active Kids vouchers. So far you have handed in 3,000 with 5 weeks to go when Sainsbury’s will still be issuing vouchers. Please keep collecting and filling up the box at the school office and please ask your friends and family to help us reach our 2017 target.
City of Edinburgh Council has approved a pilot scheme which will allow residents to apply for up to five, free road closures. The closures will allow children to play and residents to socialise between 1 April to 31 August 2017 on streets free of vehicles. Residents can apply via the Council’s website at playing out.
World book day takes place in the UK on 2nd March and this year we are asking if you would like you to donate a book to the school via our new Amazon Wish List: http://bit.ly/JGHS-wishes. There are a huge range of books to choose from; every book donated gets a plastic cover to keep it fresh and a label inside to say it was donated to the school by you. Thank you.
Fantastic opportunity for our pupils – the next ENGAGE event is on 7th March 6.30-8pm at Best Western Braids Hill Hotel – for pupils thinking about what to study, do, be.
Expert advice from:
- Janet Archer, Chief Executive Officer, Creative Scotland
- Kevin Hardwick, Personal Chair in Molecular Genetics, University of Edinburgh
- Harris Cains, Business Development Manager, RF Com, Ltd,
- Issaq Ahmed, Consultant Orthopedic and Trauma Surgeon, University of Edinburgh & NHS Lothian
- Sheila Roberston, Principal Procurator Fiscal Depute, High Court Unit, Crown Office.
ENGAGE is a Boroughmuir Parent Council Initiative also open to pupils from James Gillespie’s and George Watson’s schools – entry by donation. More info at Engage Flyer.