Welcome to the James Gillespies High School Parent Council
The Parent Council exists to represent all parents and carers. This includes:
- putting forward parents’ views on issues;
- consulting and providing feedback to the school;
- providing refreshments at school events;
- fundraising for school projects, equipment, books and trips
- co-ordinating with other Parent Councils;
- making representations to the City Council.
Parent Council meetings are a helpful source of information and all parents and carers are very welcome. To join our mailing list please email us
The Scottish Schools (Parental Involvement) Act 2006 Scottish Schools (Parental Involvement) Act 2006 establishes two parent bodies for each state school in Scotland:
- The Parent Forum is simply all those with parental responsibility for current pupils at the school.
- The School Council (often known as the Parent Council) represents the Parent Forum and is tasked by the Act to carry out functions which previously were carried out by the School Board and the PTA, as well as other functions (for a full list extracted from the Act see here).