8 October 2020: We would like to invite you to the next Parent Council meeting which will be our AGM and will take place online on Wednesday 14 October at 7pm.
The MS Teams link will be sent on Tuesday 13 October by the JGHS Admin team.
The proposed agenda is below.
- Chair’s Report and update – Ailsa Macintosh, chair
- Treasurer’s Report – Ros Ingle, treasurer
- Election of PC Committee members and post holders
- Head Teacher Overview – Donald Macdonald
- Update for S1 parents/carers – Ben Lewis, Deputy Head Teacher
- Questions & Answers via the Q&A typed chat facility
We very much hope you will be able to join us.
13 August 2020: A very warm welcome back to school after so long away, and a special welcome to new families joining us this year.
Please find some information from our HeadTeacher, Donald Macdonald
Break and lunchtimes
- Limited break time snacks and school lunches will be available.
- S1s must stay on the school campus; all other pupils may visit local shops at breaks of lunchtimes. Queuing in local shops is likely to be a slow process.
- School lunches are offered at a fixed price of £2.70. Exceptionally, cash may be used but we would prefer that the cashless technology is used. S1s will received their PIN codes soon.
- Lunches will be provided on a ‘grab and go’ basis with appropriate distancing and one way queuing in place.It is strongly recommend that all bring packed lunches.
All pupils on free school lunches will be provided with a lunch in the dining room.Pupils must all bring face coverings (or masks) with them to school.
Face coverings and hand sanitiser
- Face coverings (eg. masks) are mandatory in local shops, on public transport and in some areas of the school. (Staff will advise pupils on this)
- Pupils with respiratory conditions will be supported in wearing masks throughout the day.
- The school will not be providing masks to pupils other than in a situation where a pupil is displaying C19 symptoms.
- Pupils should have clothing that is suitable for Edinburgh in August. (eg. Thunderstorms and sunny spells are to be expected throughout August).
- Pupils may find it helpful to bring their own hand sanitiser. This will help in avoiding any issues with allergies to the gel that we provide and will also reduce queues at hand sanitiser units.